The company started in as the 1884 as the Geo. F. Card & O. W. Jantz Manufacturing Company, but was renamed to the Bullock Electric Manufacturing Company when George Bullock took over. In 1904 the company was leased by Allis-Chalmers and finally acquired in 1905. A few years later General Electric took control of Allis-Chalmers by buying most of their common stock. Allis-Chalmers created a joint venture with Siemens and was acquired by Siemens in 1985. The same facility that George Bullock built in 1897 is now part of the Industrial Product Unit of Siemens Energy and Automation.