A noiseless right-angle drive built by the Almond Company based on patents from 1881 and 1884. It changes the direction of the motion by 90 degrees without the use of gears. The transmission is intended to be mounted on a ceiling so that it does not take up floor space.
Thomas R. Almond (1855-1906) started his manufacturing company in Brooklyn, NY in 1879. In 1904 Almond sold his company to Carleton A. Hubbell. The name was changed to T. R. Almond Manufacturing Company. In 1907 the company was moved to Ashburnham, MA.