From City Atlas of Providence, Rhode Island
From the Providence Directory, 1889
Granger Foundry and Machine Co.
101 Gaspee and Francis Sts., Providence, Rhode Island.
The company was originally known as the Cove Foundry & Machine Company with William Smith Granger (a graduate of Brown University) as treasurer (1866). The company was renamed and incorporated as the Granger Foundry & Machine Company on May 31, 1877 by William S. Granger, Walter S. Vincent, and George M. Carpenter, Jr. with Mr. Granger as president. The company occupied buildings owned by the William A. Harris Steam Engine Company. The company eventually merged in 1903 with the Thomas Phillips Company and the Rusden Machine Company and became the Textile Finishing and Machinery Company. Other notable employees were H.A. Tillinghast (Secretary, then President), James Tillinghast, and Henry A Du Villiard (Treasurer).
437,157 Tapping-Machine, September 23, 1890
454,798 Cloth-pressing machine, June 23, 1891
680,863 Grinding Device, August 20, 1901
New England families, genealogical and memorial, Cutter, William Richard, 1915
Acts and resolves of the General Assembly of the state of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations 1877.